Music icon, Celine Dion has revealed that she is battling with a rare neurological disorder which has prompted her to cancel all her remaining shows on Friday, scheduled for 2023-2024.
Sources revealed that the notable personality in the world of music stated that she was not strong enough to tour. The 55-year-old Canadian also said last year that her condition called Stiff-Person Syndrome was affecting her singing.
“I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again… and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything until I’m really ready to be back on stage,” the “My Heart Will Go On” singer tweeted.
“I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again!” she added.
A statement released by her team said: “With a sense of tremendous disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024.”
“I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100 percent,” Dion said in her statement, which was also posted on Instagram.
Dion, one of the top women singers with an octave-busting voice, is the author of hits like “Because You Loved Me”, “My Heart Will Go On” and “Think Twice”.